Motherhood is a beautiful journey for women. It transforms them physically, mentally and emotionally. Most women find it challenging to combat the physical changes post delivery and lactation.
It is not easy to get back into the pre pregnancy shape and fit into those clothes easily. Women undergo various changes in their body especially involving their breasts, tummy and vagina.
What are the changes that occur during pregnancy?
The following are the changes that occur:
- Breast: Loss of volume leading to shrinking.Loss of only upper pole fullness leading to flattening and loss of shape Sagging of breasts.Increase in volume leading to shoulder pain, strap marks, ulcerations and inability to find the right innerwear.
- Tummy: Abnormal fat deposition surrounding the tummy , love handles, hips and lower back region.Sagging of tummy skin , causing discomfort, inability to fit into the right clothes.
- Vagina: Weakening and loose vagina leading to discomfort , dryness and problems during intercourse.
What is Mommy Makeover?
Mommy makeover is a procedure which helps to restore the pre pregnancy shape by addressing all these issues in a single sitting. It varies from liposuction , breast augmentation to tummy tuck depending on the patients requirements.
- Breast augmentation to increase the volume, shape and projection. To improve the upper pole fullness.
- Breast implant: augmenting the breasts using an implant.
- Breast fat fill: using ones own fat to enhance the breast volume.
- Breast lift/mastopexy: to correct saggy breasts with no volume excess.
- Breast reduction: to reduce the volume as well as give a lift.
- Liposuction: helps contouring lipodystrophy(fat deposition) around the tummy, love handles, lower back areas.
- Tummy tuck: contouring and removing the excess saggy skin.
- Vaginoplasty: tightening the loose and weak vagina.
You are mentally a perfect candidate for Mommy Makeover if you are doing it for yourself, to make you feel happy and confident. In order to be physically ideal for this procedure, anyone is an ideal candidate who has:
- Completed their family
- Has reached their ideal body weight
- With realistic expectations
- In Good medical health
- Loss of volume in their breasts that are contributing to sagging
- Has excess skin and stretch marks on the abdomen
It is usually done under general anesthesia and patient A hospital stay of up to 48 hours may be required. After the procedure, compression garment and support brassiere to be worn for a period of six to eight weeks. Follow-ups include once a week for the first two weeks followed by twice a month. Strenuous activities or lifting heavy weights must be avoided for a period of eight weeks.
Mommy Makeover is performed all over the world on a daily basis. Given that it is a surgery, it involves some risks. However, it is important to understand that choosing the right surgeon for this procedure dramatically reduces a lot of risks. However, some risks associated with the surgeries may include the following:
bleeding, hematoma, seroma, infection, delayed healing, loss of nipple sensation, chances of decreased milk production, need for touch-ups/ secondary procedure etc.